Thursday, January 29, 2009

Writing your own Biography

I've been totally captured by Keith Green's biography written by his wife. His music is phenomenal, which is the main reason Bekah turned me on to him, but the more I read about his story, his passions and his desire to see God glorified in his life above all else, it makes me wonder what my biography might one day say.

I'm realizing that so much of my life is lived without much thought and without including God into every aspect of it. Right now in the story, Keith is wrestling around with pledging himself, his wife and his son to God, so that whatever were to happen to them, he wouldn't turn his back on God. He wanted to be completely the Lords and if it meant laying aside his recording career, or anything else that he was doing to serve the Lord, he would do it.

This book has really gotten me to think about how I live my life. How do I make decisions ... major life decisions and the minor ones too. Up until this point, I've really been making my own way for my self, but there is real joy and fulfillment to be found when we completely surrender ourselves over to God and choose to ask what His will is, and follow that. Lord, I feel so superficial and cardboard. Take me down to the depths where all that I am and all that I do flows from You. I need You more. Help me to die to myself so that I can be raised in You. Show me what this looks like and what this means for me.

No comments: